Sunday, November 1, 2015

Massachusetts Fall Conference

Impressionist style art by a 5th grade student
For the first time ever, I will be presenting along with a colleague, at our states fall conference next weekend.  I have done this type of thing before, just not in my art world.  Needless to say, I have put a lot of thought and hours into preparing for next Saturday morning.  Our theme is Classroom Hacks.  At first, I felt a little stumped with what I could bring to our presentation.  I wasn't sure I really did anything that would qualify as a classroom hack.  Not to mention the added fact that I am an avid Pinterest follower so I was concerned about presenting ideas that everyone has already seen because the market is so saturated.  I began first by making myself a list.  What exacting did I do that might be worthy of sharing with other people and also have a bit of originality to it?  I began incorporating some Reggio methods to my Kindergarten curriculum this fall and had attempted to create stations with little to no out of pocket expense so that seemed like a good place to start.  Before I have ventured very far, I had filled a full paper with ideas of methods I use in my classroom that I could consider hacks.  I realized that many of my ideas had come initially from Pinterest but, as is usual for me, I had taken them in other directions to make them work more effectively for my personal needs.  So, I guess I am ready.  Since some of you just might be in my session next week, I won't let any of the hacks leak right now but I will share with your after next weekend.  If you haven't signed  up for the Massachusetts Fall Conference, I think you still have a day or two left to sign up and join us.  I hope to see some of you in North Adams this weekend.  You will have access to Mass MOCA, The Clark Art Museum, William's College Art Museum and Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts.   Be sure to say "HI" if we cross paths.  See you there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment