Sunday, July 6, 2014

Today I met Kristy Patterson

Today I met dictionary artist and fellow art educator, Kristy Patterson from Oklahoma.  I don't remember where I first discovered her work, maybe pinterest or her etsy shop.  I instantly connected to it and have purchased several of her prints for gifts for family members and friends.  I love her work but had never bought anything for myself. She, along with her husband traveled to the Berkshires this holiday weekend for the Berkshire Arts Festival where I had the opportunity of chatting with her for a period of time and purchased the original of the work above.  I am really excited to own this piece and especially excited to own a Kristy Patterson original.  I plan to share it with my students to demonstrate that anything is possible with their art and then to proudly display it in my home.  You can see more of Kristy's wonderful work at Flying Shoes Art Studio and she has a etsy shop.  

1 comment:

  1. It was a very special treat to meet you in the Berkshires. I felt like I'd known you all my life. I will add your blog to my list of sites to follow and keep in touch.

    Thank you for your purchase and for taking time to come see me.

    My best to you and your husband,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete